*E-mail coming soon with more details!
Volunteers in our warehouse sort and pack donated items, including shelf-stable food, fresh produce, and toiletries.
Here is some important information about volunteering:
- Requirements – Volunteers must be at least 13 years old and be able to stand for up to three hours, lift up to 35 pounds, understand nutritional labels, and take direction from our staff without the assistance of another person.
- Chaperones – Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old. Both the minor and chaperone must be registered for the event in VolunteerHub. Youth aged 16-17 may volunteer alone but must have the Solo Youth Waiver filled out and signed by a parent or guardian. Waiver found here: Solo Youth Waiver.
- What to Wear – Volunteers must wear a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops), and closed-toed shoes (NO CROCS), however, work gloves are also recommended. The warehouse is not temperature-controlled. It is warm in the summer and chilly in the winter, so please dress accordingly. Bottled water is available, but you are welcome to bring your own. However, no other food or beverages are allowed in the warehouse.
- Late Arrival – Volunteers who arrive more than 10 minutes after the start of the shift will be asked to reschedule.
- Cancellation & Delays – You will receive an email notification if there is a cancellation or delay.
- Volunteer Bill of Rights – Learn more about what you can expect while you are volunteering with us by checking out MFB’s Volunteer Bill of Rights.
Click here for more information about how we fight hunger in Maryland.