Welcome to the Maryland Section of the Institute of Food Technologists
The Maryland Section of the IFT was chartered in 1950 and currently has over 300 members working for more than 100 companies. Members are Food Scientists, Food Technologists, Chemists, Biologists, Nutritionists, Engineer Professionals, Students, Lawyers, and Sales & Marketing Professionals. The Maryland section covers a widespread area including; parts of Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Washington D.C. and New Jersey.
The objectives of the section are as follows:
• To promote interest in the field of food science and technology.
• To encourage and provide a means for discussing technical information relating to food.
• To advance the profession of food science and technology by promoting the maintenance of high professional standards among its members.
• To provide cooperative relations with the faculties and students of educational institutions in the section area that give food science and food technology related courses.
• To provide education and networking at the local level.
• To develop the leadership skills of it’s members through committee involvement.